DECOLONIZE YOUR PHILANTHROPY
WHAT IS THE IMPACT YOU WANT TO HAVE IN OUR WORLD?
IS YOUR PHILANTHROPY SUPPORTING THAT LEGACY?
Join global thought leader, Degan Ali, for a powerful week of learning to answer these questions.
In April of 2024, a small group of philanthropists will come together for an immersive experience that will reveal new, more impactful, ways to make a difference. By creating a courageous community for change, the Learning Journey is a unique opportunity to envision a bold future for our world and directly contribute to achieving it.
The Learning Journey is unlike other donor education programs. It is a transformative experience of looking internally, grappling with uncomfortable truths about the world, envisioning bold alternatives for the future, and considering the legacy that you want to have.
JOIN ADESO FOR A WEEK-LONG LEARNING JOURNEY
April 22-29, 2024
Cost for participation is $15,000.
For any questions, contact Elena Gillis at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO PAY
To pay the fee, please follow the instructions below by check or credit card:
Address your check to KBFUS, write Adeso US Fund
in the memo section of the check, and send it to:
551 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10176
By Credit Card:
Please pay online through this link: https://www.every.org/african-
ABOUT THE LEARNING JOURNEY
At Adeso, we believe in a world where people thrive through their own resourcefulness and tenacity – and we understand first-hand the barriers to achieving this. The impacts of deep inequality and injustice continue to be felt by communities across the Global South, despite decades of development assistance and philanthropic funding to programs meant to alleviate these issues.
WE KNOW THE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM
THEY REQUIRE CHANGE-MAKING PHILANTHROPISTS LIKE YOU THEY REQUIRE UNLEARNING, COLLABORATION, AND COURAGE
The Learning Journey is a powerfully transformative program unlike any other donor education program, intentionally designed to enable you to:
- Interrogate why global inequality, injustice, and instability are not by chance, but by design.
- Explore the consequences of global power inequality like hunger and migration.
- Hear Global South perspectives on the cause and possible solutions to the world’s greatest problems, like climate change.
- Discover the foundations of philanthropy and see how African philanthropists are changing the status-quo and giving boldly.
- Grow confidence, knowledge, and skills to be an advocate and leader for change.
- Experience Kenya at its most authentic and create meaningful connections.
- Meet Kenya’s leading social entrepreneurs and activists to explore their efforts for social change driven by Kenyans for Kenyans.
- Experience the dry lands of Northern Kenya and learn from local leaders how they are solving their community’s water and food scarcity.
- Participate in challenging group discussions and collaborative learning in community with other visionaries.