Terms and Conditions
Adeso is a registered non-profit organization in Kenya, a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization in the USA, and a registered charity in England & Wales (no. 1131711).
Access to and use of this website (http://www.adesoafrica.org) and any related websites within the domain of www.adesoafrica.org (the “Website”) is provided by Adeso and is subject to the following terms:
- By using the Website you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect from your first use of the Website. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of the Website must be terminated immediately. When donating to Adeso, your money will go directly to Adeso’s humanitarian and development programs plus the related administrative costs.
- Should we raise over our target for a particular appeal then we will use your donation to help other vulnerable people wherever the need is greatest.
- Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and Adeso reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service provided on the Website without notice. Adeso will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Adeso reserves the right to change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the Website after any changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- Commentary and other materials posted on the Website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Adeso therefore disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; therefore any information sent by e-mail is at your own risk.
- The terms and use of the Website shall be governed by the law of England and Wales. All claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with the Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- For the purposes of this agreement, “content” means material including, without limitation, video, graphics and audio, published on the Website, whether copyright of Adeso or a third party.
- All material on the Website is the intellectual property of Adeso or a third party. All rights are reserved. You may view the content of this site on screen. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the Website content in any way except for non-commercial, personal or educational use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Website’s content except for non-commercial, personal or educational use. Any other use of the Website content requires the prior written permission of Adeso.
- You agree to use the Website for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, nor restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of, the Website.
- The names, images and logos identifying Adeso or any other third parties referred to on the Website and their products and services may be subject to copyright, design rights or trade mark rights. These trademarks may not be reproduced without the consent of the relevant owners. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trademark, design right or copyright of Adeso or any other third party.
- The Website is provided “as is” without any representations or any form of warranty (whether made expressly or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Adeso will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from the use or loss of use of the Website, or the loss of data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising from or in connection with the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, even if foreseeable. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Adeso does not warrant that functions contained in the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available on the internet are virus-free.
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Adeso’s reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. The Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Website other than the home page. Adeso reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Contributions must be your own, they must be civil and tasteful, they must not contain any unlawful or objectionable content and they must not infringe the law.
- You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and your right to use the Website would cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- When you register with us you are stating that you are over 18 years of age or are a minor with parental consent. You agree that any information you provide to us about yourself upon registration or at any time will be true.
- Adeso may modify the terms and conditions on this site. You agree to review this agreement periodically to ensure you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
PayPal is the safer, simpler, smarter way to donate online.
All you need is an email address to make secure online payments using your debit card, credit card, bank account or PayPal balance. You can donate knowing that PayPal doesn’t share your financial details with charities or sellers and that your money and information stay safer with PayPal’s industry leading fraud protection tools.
It’s also a convenient way to pay - PayPal securely stores your details, which means you only need to enter your financial details once when opening your PayPal account. This makes it possible to make an online donation or purchase within a few clicks.
Find out more about PayPal and how it keeps your money secure by clicking here.