Approaches and Illustrative Activities
- Behavior change communication and use of media to help poor and vulnerable households improve their
- Livelihood options, diversify their incomes, process and add value to their primary products, improve their diets, and adopt market-based incentives for managing livestock and other businesses;
- Community-based planning and institutional strengthening of CBNRMs for holistic and sustainable management of the natural resource base including rangeland and water;
- Sectoral interventions based on participatory learning and action for increasing communities’ adaptation to climate change and variability;
- Social enterprise and private sector-led approaches to advance business opportunities, increased revenue streams, value chain inclusiveness and improved animal health;
- Sensitize communities on the benefits of using fuel efficient cook stoves. These range from health, environmental, economic and social benefits.
- “People-to-people” conflict management and mitigation.