The project “does business differently” REGAL-IR empowers individuals, households and communities to improve their social, economic, and environmental resilience.
REGAL-IR embraces a people-centered approach that strengthens local institutions and builds local capacity, emphasizes self-reliance, and favors community-led, driven and owned market-oriented solutions for sustainable outcomes. The project satellite offices are situated close to the people in the project counties.
Among other things, REGAL-IR:
- Conducts intensive Participatory Learning, Planning and Action (PLPA) exercises across targeted communities in project areas;
- Facilitates the design of strategic Community Development Action Plans (CDAPs);
- Cooperates with counties to harmonize CDAPs and county plans;
- Establishes Super Service Centers to promote private sector animal health products and services;
- Promotes fuel-efficient stoves, women and youth enterprises, and nutrient-dense diets;
- Connects Super Service Centers with key value chains for improved market access and livestock trade.