Feed the Future
August 2012 – August 2017
Resilience and Economic Growth in Arid Lands – Improving Resilience IN KENYA (REGAL-IR) is reducing hunger and poverty, increasing resilience and social stability, and building a foundation for economic growth among pastoral communities in northern Kenya’s arid and semi Éarid lands.
REGAL-ÉIR works in five counties:É Wajir, Isiolo, Garissa, Turkana and Marsabit.
REGAL-IR bridges humanitarian and disaster assistance with resilience-strengthening and expanded economic opportunities in the arid lands through disaster risk and conflict reduction, natural resource management and mapping of community resources, and strengthening of livestock, and other sectors.
- Improve business capacity of individual and community based enterprises.
- Support access to livestock market inclusiveness.
- Support community structures to improve management of their natural resources.
- Strengthen community capacity to resolve conflicts.
- Strengthen community capacity to deal with shock and other ecological shocks.
- Improve consumption of nutritious foods.
- Sensitise communities on the benefits of using fuel efficient cook stoves.